Re: [Nmh-workers] sortm's Default of all is Brain-Damaged.

2012-10-11 14:16:49
Hi Paul,

i almost never sort an entire folder -- usually i just sort the unseen
sequence, or some other small batch of messages.

Your jib has a fine cut, sir.

rather than changing the default behavior by default, how about adding
an option to change the default behavior.  :-)
    sortm -noall
would error out if no other args are given.  clearly this would be
most useful as profile entry.

Yes, great.  Would make me happy without changing the default for
existing content users.  Might I suggest that the default ~/.mh_profile
for new users, if there is such a thing, have it turned on so they avoid
the trap until they're au fait enough to turn it off.  Else they'll
learn by being burnt.

Cheers, Ralph.