Re: [Nmh-workers] Git Annoyances

2012-12-11 20:20:51
lyndon wrote:

On 2012-12-11, at 5:46 PM, David Levine wrote:

   Removed some dead code, all inside #if 0's.  I tried to not remove
   anything useful, so there are a few #if 0's remaining.

Do we have anyone on board capable of fighting Git enough to give
us *useful* commit messages?

I.e., could we drop the noise before the '- Log --...' line, and
maybe include a link (or links) back to the repo that display the
diffs?  Or include a set of 'git diff ...' command text to do the
same thing?  We really should be beyond the process of having to do
all this manually in this day and age :-P

i wouldn't want diffs by mail, but a more concise message (perhaps
just the output of "git log master" since the last mail), and links
to the commits would be nice.

in case anyone's interested, the script that generates what we
currently get (or one very similar) is probably available on any
machine on which you run git, in:
    /usr/share/doc/git-core/contrib/hooks/post-receive-email

paul