Re: [Nmh-workers] Quoted printable problem

2012-12-18 07:14:21
Ralph Corderoy <ralph(_at_)inputplus(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk>:
AIUI we know of two emails that are broken.  That doesn't seem enough to
warrant changing the code to not match the RFCs and opening the door a
bit more, encouraging further forgiveness of broken input.  Members of
the list getting a duff email a week?  Yes, that's prevelant enough;
unless they're all from the one ticketing agency and its home-grown
Perl.  ;-)

Well, I also know somebody who's e-mail I have to view with less:

mhshow: "multipart/signed" type in message 20660 must be encoded in 7bit, 8bit,
or binary, continuing...

the headers report:

Actually the KMail bug tracker has accumulated a few tickets about this
over the years - mostly submitted by peope using nmh.

The activity on those bug reports indicates that they actually take
this issue seriously but either don't get it right or people don't
upgrade to fixed versions.

Perhaps some RFC lawyer can help them out?

Harald