Re: [Nmh-workers] Quoted printable problem

2012-12-17 18:05:07

On 2012-12-17, at 3:23 PM, Ken Hornstein wrote:

Seems like adhering to
Postel's law here is reasonable.

That is NOT what Jon was talking about.  The "be liberal" mantra meant "do not
crash and burn when presented with crap."  He NEVER meant "try to second guess
the other guys stupidity."  He was talking in the context of "the IMPs should
not tip over and take out the entire network when presented with a malformed
network packet."  Dodgy packets were not uncommon in the early ARPANET when
people were still developing the network stacks.

As for what other mailers do, they are not MH and we are not them.  We don't
need to emulate their stupidity.