Re: [Nmh-workers] Quoted printable problem

2012-12-17 18:24:07
It looks like the original message was sent with Alpine:

It'd be interesting if yours was too, Ken.  Then maybe someone should
file a bug report.  It looks like it's been there a while.

Sadly, I didn't save the original message.  It was for some tickets that
were purchased for an event, so obviously the email wasn't generated by
a human.  I am reasonably sure that it the mailer wasn't Alpine.

Lyndon writes:
I think that people should revert to cat(1) to read this garbage.  It is
broken, plain and simple.  Once you cross the line, there is no end to
the brain damaged crap you'll have to work around.

I understand where you're coming from, but in all fairness it looks like
to me other MUAs at least deal with it.  Seems like adhering to
Postel's law here is reasonable.  Printing a warning, however, I also
think is reasonable here.