Re: [Nmh-workers] Pasing stdin to "inc -file" ?

2013-02-18 22:55:44
And the exact gotcha involved, from 'nman rcvstore':

BUGS
      If you use the "Unseen-Sequence" profile entry, rcvstore could try to
update the context while another
      nmh  process is also trying to do so.  This can cause the context to
become corrupted.  To avoid this,
      do not use rcvstore if you use the "Unseen-Sequence" profile entry.

What it doesn't mention is that the resulting train wreck can mangle other
sequences in the .mh_seq file as well.  Also, should we change that text
to say "do not use rcvstore without an external locking mechanism'?  It's
perfectly save to use it from procmail with unseen sequences as long as
procmail does the locking for you, so there's no need to scare off users.

I don't think that's an issue anymore.

Ok, yeah, that's what I thought.  Sequence files are opened with
lkfopen() in sbr/seq_save.c.  Looks like that is an nmh thing; it's not
part of MH.  And it's been that way since ... forever, it seems.  It
predates us putting nmh into CVS, so I guess Richard Coleman did that.
Looking at things ... I guess he really rototilled the sequence code.
But it looks like the man page was never updated.