Re: [Nmh-workers] Locking (specifically, sequences)

2013-03-09 07:33:33
Ken Hornstein <kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com> writes:
That's what I tried to address with a lock-and-read-again (below)

Hm.  You know ... I never really understood the point of private sequences.
Why are they used?  _Do_ people use them?

I do. I like having everything in a single file, where I can see and grok
it all and sometime edit it. Also, I sometime use the bash function:

newmh ()
{
    local oldContext="${MHCONTEXT-context}";
    local path=`mhpath +`;
    export MHCONTEXT=,"$oldContext.$$";
    cp "$path/$oldContext" "$path/$MHCONTEXT"
}

    Norman Shapiro