Re: [Nmh-workers] Locking (specifically, sequences)

2013-03-09 09:45:01
Ken wrote:

Yeah, but until (relatively) recently, that could result
in corrupted sequences.  I'm just trying to imagine how
people could be doing that since it can break, today.

They live with it, I suppose.  I don't rely on sequences
for anything important.

(And shouldn't that be "now" instead of "until (relatively)
recently"?)

- If you're going to MODIFY the sequence file (which ends
  up being a large number of programs, actually), it needs
  to be write-locked the whole time you're fiddling with
  it.

That sounds like a problem to me.  Could an inc have to
wait a half hour for a refile/folder -pack/or any of a
large number of other operations to finish?

David