Re: [Nmh-workers] Locking (specifically, sequences)

2013-03-11 14:39:24
so, one of them always has to kill the other, it's just a matter of
whether the lock succeeds in time or not. obviously there's error
checking missing here, and signal catching. but mostly this is a
gigantic performance drainer and should not be done. that's why i
proposed a loop and LOCK_NB.

Fine with me; I bow to your experience here.

if "the MH way" could expand to C89 and posix threads, we'd have some
options that were both performance and correct.

I think we already assume C89 as a minimum.  However, I'm not sure I want
to jump off the threads cliff just yet :-/