[Nmh-workers] Limit of 27 messages sequences per folder

2013-03-26 08:11:58
Apparently, nmh limits the number of message sequences per folder to 5 less
than the number of bits in a C int -- which, these days is usually 32. I guess
27 was once a large number, but perhaps, now, not so much. What would happen,
to performance, on 64 bit machines if line 86 of h/mh.h which now reads:

        typedef unsigned int seqset_t;

were changed to:

        typedef unsigned long seqset_t;

If there is no significant effect, then maybe int, vs long, for seqset_t,
should be a made a configuration parameter ???

Of course, there might well be some more fundamental reason why my naive
suggestion wouldn't work  ???

    Norman Shapiro