Re: [Nmh-workers] Relative Message Numbers

2013-04-03 14:32:09
Sorry, I wasn't clear. The error-proneness wasn't due to typing,
but in gauging which line of the displayed sequence was the message
you cared about. Although I suppose those who love this mode of
specifying messages might develop a scan format file that includes
sequence indices in the output...

I believe the current format engine doesn't have this capability; you're
not given any information about sequence membership when you're in the
format engine.  Although I had thought about including the index of the
message being displayed; e.g.: scan 7-9 15-17 would give message "7" an
index of 1, message 15 would have an index of 4 ... you get the idea.  I
was thinking about that because I wanted to be able to have alternating
bold/hilighting on scan output, but you could use it for that as well
(with some limitations, of course).  But it occurs to me that it you
had the message index and you had relative messages, it would make the
Previous Sequence a lot more useful.