Re: [Nmh-workers] De-MIMEing

2013-07-15 13:38:37

In message
<CANDwYvf8U9b+Busr5qKmfCUX7SKOov8+vOWC47sg0yqmKy7VRA(_at_)mail(_dot_)gmail(_dot_)com>
Earl Hood <earl(_at_)earlhood(_dot_)com> wrote:

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 12:39 PM, Ronald F. Guilmette wrote:

This all suits me and my preferences perfectly.  The only problem
is that I have only been able to figure out how to arrange for
MH to invoke my little "mtext" filter/reformatter *only* for
cases where I am doing a "show" operation.  I really would like
to get it invoked also in all cases whene I am doing "repl".
Can someone tell me or given me guidance on how to do that?

I use the -editor option to repl when I want to convert MIME messages
into a plain-text format suitable for composition (and nmh repl
filters).

OK, good.  This is at least part of what I needed to know.

But there's still a good bit of critical info that I am not at all
clear about.

Specifically, I need to understand the steps, and the ordering of the
steps that the "repl" command undertakes, and also I need to understand,
for whatever thing is named as the -editor in the repl options within
the .mh_pfofile file, where does it get its input from and where must
it place its output?

So, for example, I currently have the following within my .mh_profile file:

repl: -cc all -nocc me -query -annotate -inplace -filter Repl.mhl -form Replform

It could be just because I did not get enough sleep last night, but I don't
even remember at the moment what most of this stuff even does, exactly.

Obviously, the presence of the -filter option and/or the -form option is
going to cause _something_ (I'm not even sure what anymore) to be invoked.
But when?  And how?  Will those things be invoked before or after the
thing that is named as the -editor for repl ?  Leaving that aside, I
need to know how and where the -editor thing is gonna get its input,
and when and how it should be creating its output.

The script I use is mha-mhedit.  You can view the documentation at
<http://www.mhonarc.org/MHonArc/extras/mha-mhedit/mha-mhedit.html> to
see how I interface it into nmh.

Thank you, I will look at that, but I think that if I get answers to the
above questions, that will be all I need in order to adapt my little
"mtext" tool and fit it into the overall scheme of repl.

Regards,
rfg