Re: [Nmh-workers] Release Engineering

2013-12-22 20:27:34
I wrote:

Ken wrote:

Unless you're referring to really sending 8-bit content, but
is there demand for that?

Are you asking if people compose drafts with 8-bit characters in
them?  Seems like the answer to that is "yes".  If you're asking if
people want a C-T-E of 8bit ... well, it would be friendlier, I
would think.

I thought the issue was that they could send 8bit now
without a C-T-E header.  That's bad.  If we always run
through mhbuild, that'll get fixed.

I agree that 8bit would be friendlier.  The question is
whether we should try to get it into 1.6.

And another possible issue:  I'm not sure that our MIME
parser can handle 8-bit input.  I don't have evidence
at hand, but I tried quickly a while back and ran into
trouble.

David