Re: [Nmh-workers] mhshow complaints

2014-04-21 08:54:01
mhshow: extraneous trailing ';' in message 132's Content-Type: parameter lis
mhshow: extraneous trailing ';' in message 132's Content-Type: parameter lis
mhshow: extraneous trailing ';' in message 186's Content-Type: parameter lis
mhshow: extraneous trailing ';' in message 186's Content-Type: parameter lis
mhshow: message 593 has multiple MIME-Version: fields

Why the heck should I care about that?  Complaining multiple
times, too!  Just tolerate it and get on with it.

I will note that a semicolon at the end of the parameter list does
violate the BNF for MIME parameters, but it strikes me as something
that really doesn't harm anything (and it's not like there's really
any confusion about what to do).  But I'll be honest; I have never
in my life seen a message like that.  I don't know why that message
is happening twice; I'd like to figure that out, if nothing else.

I see that occasionally.  My guess is that it warned here for each
of multiple parts with the violation.

Sounds like an easy job for mhfixmsg.

Messages containg multiple MIME-Versions are pretty much bogus; I think
it's okay to issue a warning about that.  It seems like something has
gone wrong there.

Agreed.

David