Re: [Nmh-workers] Second release candidate for nmh 1.6 now available

2014-05-04 11:24:24
Right.  I just committed (locally) a fix for mhshow.  I looked
at other uses and they look OK.  It turns out that other callers
(get_charset(), write_charset_8bit()) pass along the result of
norm_charmap().  Fixing every caller will be invasive.

Thinking about it ... I think your fix is right.  We should just document
that the return value of those functions is only valid until the next call
to any of those functions.

Actually, I just realized .... check_charset() and write_charset_8bit() both
save the pointer returned from get_charset() (which calls norm_charmap()).
Those interfaces are broken as designed.  Seems like the right solution there
would be to have get_charset() copy the return value from norm_charmap()
into it's own buffer?  That could be statically allocated, since it shouldn't
change between calls.