Re: [Nmh-workers] Second release candidate for nmh 1.6 now available

2014-05-04 20:08:36
you'll point out that nmh is terrible on memory management and I won't
disagree, but I don't think that's an excuse for making it worse.
Fixing this properly either means we need to be much more clever in
norm_charmap(), or always allocate a buffer and fix every caller of
norm_charmap().  Sigh.

that's pretty much my thoughts as of yesterday evening, so i opted
for "second best tomorrow".

See my later email on this subject.  I believe we should only be using
norm_charmap() on the locale character, encoding, NOT what is listed
in a charset parameter.  That should alleviate this problem completely.