Re: [Nmh-workers] Future thoughts: better MIME processing

2014-07-22 14:19:28
Ken Hornstein <kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com> writes:

I manually put them into my Google calendar, so it would be nice to
support that.

Wow, you parse it out by hand?  You're more dedicated than I am.

No, not at all. It beats using Microsoft webmail.

Speaking of which, Exchange's calendar invitations only have a URL, not
an ICS attachment, and often even lack the meeting info so I'm forced to
log in and check. Not sure if we can do anything about the latter, but
we might be able to recognize a Microsoft invitation and parse out the
salient info.

Does anyone know if Exchange is capable of emitting ICS attachments and
this is just a setting I can ask our calendar admins to tweak?

I noticed that if I make sure the file suffix is .ics and I open(1) it
on MacOS X, it gets incorporated into Calendar and makes it way into
the cloud.  So that works out alright; we just need to figure out a way
to reply to calendar requests that let you do something sensible.

So, we'd want some of way of associating the different calendar actions
(add, remove, update) with commands. I recently read about googlecli
program that was used to update picasaweb; given the name, I guess it
can be used for accessing the calendar as well.

It's actually called "googlecl"; I took a look at it, and it doesn't take
an iCalendar file directly, unfortunately.

But, we'd be able to parse and pass in the fields directly?

--
Bill Wohler <wohler(_at_)newt(_dot_)com> aka
<Bill(_dot_)Wohler(_at_)nasa(_dot_)gov>