Re: [Nmh-workers] Future thoughts: better MIME processing

2014-07-22 14:29:26
Speaking of which, Exchange's calendar invitations only have a URL, not
an ICS attachment, and often even lack the meeting info so I'm forced to
log in and check. Not sure if we can do anything about the latter, but
we might be able to recognize a Microsoft invitation and parse out the
salient info.

Really?  I did my testing with our Exchange guy, and I got a text/calendar
part in the standardized format from him.

Does anyone know if Exchange is capable of emitting ICS attachments and
this is just a setting I can ask our calendar admins to tweak?

That, I do not know.  I'm not part of the Exchange realm, so it may be
because the Exchange server in question knows I'm an external user, so it
always sends me a text/calendar part.

It's actually called "googlecl"; I took a look at it, and it doesn't take
an iCalendar file directly, unfortunately.

But, we'd be able to parse and pass in the fields directly?

Weeeelll ... maybe?  I mean, parsing the text/calendar file isn't a
problem.  But googlecl doesn't behave like you'd expect.  The examples
are all of the form:

% googlecl calendar add "Lunch with Jim at noon tomorrow".

You can probably make it work most of the time, but it's not going
to be wonderful.