Re: [Nmh-workers] Thoughts: header/address parsing

2014-08-26 08:51:54
   Terminals which ignore a line-feed immediately after an am wrap,
   such as the Concept and vt100, should indicate xenl.

I am sympathetic to people who still want to use nmh to read email on
their Perkin-Elmer Owl, but I think most people would acknowledge that
the vast, VAST majority of people now are running nmh inside of a terminal
emulator that is VT-100 compatible.  As an aside ... I do wonder if there
are actual working versions of most of the terminals in the termcap/terminfo
database.

Sounds plausible.  I'm +1 to stop counting the \n.  If any code is
trying to avoid the last column, they can adjust;  as you've pointed out
elsewhere, multi-byte-handling changes have already broken this.

I think we're all in agreement; the one thing about nmh is that unlike
a "true" curses program which takes over the screen and uses cursor position
commands, we just output stuff to standard output and have other programs
take care of pagination and the like.  termcap/terminfo is a bit awkward
to use when you're doing that.