Re: [Nmh-workers] Big patch: Add XOAUTH2 support for SMTP and POP

2014-12-06 07:04:11
Eric wrote:

David Levine <levinedl(_at_)acm(_dot_)org> writes:

test-mhlogin failed for me because each line of my actual output
ends with a Ctrl-M.  On Linux, so I don't know why.

Did you use git am?

Yes.

Any idea with test-inc and test-msgcheck would fail with:

    'inc: POP server does not support SASL'
    'msgchk: POP server does not support SASL'

I did build with sasl, of course, and confirmed with mhparam.

You don't need to build with SASL.  I wonder if make check
rebuilds everything?  Maybe you need to make clean first?
Not sure if the dependencies are right.  I'll see if I can
reproduce this.

I think you caught it:  I ran the individual tests without
make check.  When I use that, I just get the line-ending
problem.  Also this diff, which I also saw before but didn't
mention:

warning: squelched 5 whitespace errors
warning: 10 lines add whitespace errors.

They seem to fall into 3 categories:

- in jsmn

  I'd rather leave this pristine.

That's fine.

- trailing space in an error message

  The error message really has that trailing space on FreeBSD.
  I forgot to highlight this issue earlier, but the 'refresh
  finds no http server' in test-send tests an error message from
  curl that appears on Linux but not FreeBSD.  I'm going to dig
  into curl to see if I can figure out what's going on, but it
  means I'm not entirely sure the test suite is correct on
  all platforms.

I don't know that we'll ever be entirely sure.

- trailing space in send.c that I moved to another line

  removed

You chose not to use Cyrus SASL for XOAUTH2.  I wouldn't
hesitate to use it:  nmh already can be configured Cyrus SASL
and some of us do use it.  It is configured in by the Fedora
package.

The SASL interaction here is super trivial.  It's the tiniest
part of the patch.  I wouldn't even know where to begin to do
what I've done with Cyrus instead.  And I'd be astonished if that
version wasn't bigger and more complicated.

OK, I (or more likely, Ken) will look at this later.

I also wonder if there's a way to have TLS connection such that
the proxy wouldn't be needed.  We've already got it for outgoing
with send/post -initialtls.

Do you have commit access to the nmh git repo?  This could/
should go in on a branch.

David