Re: [Nmh-workers] Big patch: Add XOAUTH2 support for SMTP and POP

2014-12-06 11:52:03
I guess this is a bit of a distraction from the current focus on
improving MIME support and such, and I'm not helping with that
at all.  Sorry; this is a blocker for me, that's not :(

Hey, I think that is fine; I mean, it's not like we can force you to
work on MIME support, right?  Implementing things that personally affect
you is how SASL support got in there in the first place.

First off, thank you for this awesome work.  It will be great to be
AHEAD of the curve for once.  Nothing jumps right out at me that is
a huge problem (I agree with both a dependency on libcurl and including
our own JSON parser).  I was kind of hoping that this would have been
implemented in Cyrus-SASL and we would have gotten it for free, but
that doesn't seem to be happening so I think implementing this ourselves
makes sense.

I hope you don't mind that I'm going to sit down and digest the details
of the OAuth protocol before I comment further; one problem I always had
was that all of the documentation on it (including the Google ones) were
so web-focused that it never was clear to me how you were supposed to
use it for non-web based protocols.  Hopefully this will clear up some
of the confusion.

I was under the impression you already have access to our git repo; would
you be willing to commit this on a branch right now?  Then it would be easier
for other people to look at it.