Re: [Nmh-workers] Big patch: Add XOAUTH2 support for SMTP and POP

2014-12-06 15:03:08

Technically, XOAUTH2 is a SASL auth mechanism, but the implementation is so
trivial, I can't justify the code complexity or additional dependency
requirement of using Cyrus SASL for this.  So it's completely separate.

While I appreciate the effort put in to this work, I don't think the above
statement is justification for putting this code into nmh when it really does
belong in the external SASL provider libraries.

Eric, have you approached the Cyrus people to see if they will accept the code?
 I can't think of any reason why they wouldn't.

The potential for code conflict here is pretty high.  What happens when the
Cyrus SASL library grows its own OAUTH capabilities?  Most likely we would just
end up ripping this code out again.  It would be much better if the OAUTH code
was incorporated in the correct place to begin with (i.e. Cyrus).

--lyndon