Re: [Nmh-workers] Big patch: Add XOAUTH2 support for SMTP and POP

2014-12-06 15:26:38

On Dec 6, 2014, at 1:17 PM, Ken Hornstein <kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com> wrote:

Sigh.  I understand where you're coming from ... but I'll be honest.  My
dealings with the Cyrus SASL people haven't always been positive (okay,
that was a while ago, but still ... they're not so open).  My glance at
Eric's code is that it is reasonable (but I still need to look more closely);
if the choice is wait for someone to put this in Cyrus-SASL, or cram Eric's
code into nmh, well, I'm 100% voting for taking Eric's code into nmh.

I will ping the CMU folks and find out what the scoop is.

But, if the Cyrus code is no longer viable, we should be divorcing ourselves
from it anyway.  For the basic use we make of SASL, implementing our own
client-side SASL support would be pretty straight forward.  The CMU code is
license compatible, so we could lift what we need from there as a starting
point.

--lyndon