Re: [Nmh-workers] show message number scrolls off terminal?

2015-02-09 16:51:09

On Feb 9, 2015, at 3:18 AM, Ralph Corderoy
<ralph(_at_)inputplus(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> wrote:

It looks a little short compared to the system one here.  `infocmp -I
xterm' will dump the currently used binary definition as text.  `smcup'
and `rmcup' are the entries that need nobbling by removal.  tic(1) turns
it back into binary, probably for your ~/.terminfo directory.

No doubt.  I started with a more compact BSD definition, I think.  But no
matter, you nailed the crux: kill the ??cup capabilities and life gets better.

But I have tried explaining that before, and rapidly concluded 'tic this' gives
me an extra couple of weeks before I die :-)

Seriously.  In this day and age, who the hell knows what a terminfo entry is,
let along why they exist.  Never mind how to change one.

--lyndon