Re: [Nmh-workers] Default setup broken on Debian?

2015-03-03 23:42:57
debian's exmh uses run-mailcap, which is the only thing we can depend on
to be available. after all not everybody has (or wants) lynx installed,
or libreoffice or <insert mime handler of your personal choice
which everybody else hates>.

i'd say the clean debianish solution for delegating mime types to
specific apps would be to configure /etc/mailcap and/or /etc/mailcap.order,
so that the run-mailcap mime handler learns of your preferences.

I can understand that, but from what we've seen it looks like
run-mailcap simply is non-functional with base nmh (Conrad said it
didn't work; a lot of cases of "file not found").  And I was actually
under the impression that exmh used mailcap directly, rather than
the nmh profile entries.  I don't think a generic mailcap entry will
necessarily have the semantics that are expected from a nmh profile
entry.