Re: [Nmh-workers] Default setup broken on Debian?

2015-03-04 04:34:31
On Wed, 04 Mar 2015 00:42:44 -0500, Ken Hornstein writes:

I can understand that, but from what we've seen it looks like
run-mailcap simply is non-functional with base nmh (Conrad said it
didn't work; a lot of cases of "file not found").

hmm, as far as i'm aware debian's mime-support (and its
run-mailcap component) is very well primed from the get-go, but
that's between conrad, me and the other debian maintainers.

debian's exmh uses run-mailcap, which is the only thing we can depend on
And I was actually
under the impression that exmh used mailcap directly,

yes, sorry, that was a typo - i meant nmh. (i'm maintaining both nmh and exmh
and the brain must have suffered a small jolt...)

anyway, i think this is resolved; i've briefly discussed this with
conrad off-list and amended the mhn.defaults that debian's nmh
ships (plus more visible documentation of what the differences between
upstream and debian are).

i've also asked conrad to prod me (well, whoever is the debian maintainer of
something) a bit earlier in the future: it's a pity that he misliked
the defaults for so long without a peep, and this could have been resolved
much sooner.

you guys naturally aren't in any way responsible for the (relatively small)
mods that were needed to make nmh fit in with debian, and it's an integral
part of being a debian maintainer to be the first point of contact when users
experience problems with your packages.

so here's my thanks to everybody on the list for not being offended
when being bothered with debian-specific issues :-)

regards
az

--
Alexander Zangerl + GPG Key 0xB963BD5F (or 0x42BD645D) + http://snafu.priv.at/
Competely pointless fact of the day:  One of my rats is called Solaris, due