Re: [Nmh-workers] mts.conf has me Baffled.

2015-07-21 18:30:56
I am still trying to get the programs in nmh that talk to the
mail transport agent to send the message to msmtp so I set the
following lines in /etc/nmh/mts.conf:

mts: sendmail

Technically ... this is not valid.  It should be either sendmail/smtp
or sendmail/pipe (just "sendmail" is an alias to sendmail/smtp).

    sendmail: /usr/local/bin/sendmail

You didn't indent this in mts.conf config file, did you?

In a perfect world mhparam would show these settings, but it doesn't right
now.  Looking at the code, it's been that way forever and it should work.
So I think something fundamental is going wrong (like you indented that
entry, or what you think mts.conf is, it's really not).

Or maybe this is the universe's way of telling you that you REALLY should
be using the smtp MTS :-).  But seriously, even though I think the SMTP
MTS is a better choice for nearly all users, it should be straightforward
to make this work so we would like to understand what is going wrong.