Re: [Nmh-workers] mts.conf has me Baffled.

2015-07-21 22:03:24
What now? send
post: problem initializing server; [BHST] premature end-of-file on pipe
send: message not delivered to anyone

This means ... well, it went to read data from the pipe (and in theory
msmtp should be at the other end of it) and it got an EOF.

Why has that happened?  No idea.  Any logs from msmtp?  You said it had
very good debugging; I think that's where you need to start looking.
There is the -snoop flag to send, but I suspect that won't be helpful.
One thing DOES come to mind ... make sure you don't have any trailing
spaces at the end of sendmail line in mts.conf (I only mention that
because it looks like that code doesn't use argsplit so it would literally
try to execute exactly what you put there, and you had leading spaces in
that line before).

This is sort of what I was talking about when I said I felt the SMTP MTS
was more appropriate for the vast majority of users nowadays; the things
you're asking about now are really more about issues with the operating
system interfaces rather than nmh proper.  We're moving away from the
days when Unix systems could be counted on to have an appropriate
sendmail or equivalent that actually does something useful for a home
user.

If you want to try the built-in nmh support, check out the send(1) man page,
specifically the following switches:

        -tls
        -sasl
        -user