Re: [Nmh-workers] Need some general advice

2016-09-12 08:12:51
Ron wrote:

Before answering, keep in mind that I will likely need to configure the
SMTP server on the remote VM (postfix) in such a way that my home machine
will be able to authenticate to it, you know, in order to send outbound
mail.  (The last time I tried something like this I think I gave up in
the end because it seemed like too much of a pain in the ass to get the
authentication all working.  But now I have no choice, and have to make
it work this time.)

Support for authentication in nmh 1.6 is better than it used to
be.  See "credentials" in the mh-profile (5) man page.  Support
for XOAUTH2 will be in the next release, and is currently on the
main trunk.

David