Re: [Nmh-workers] Starting the final call for features for 1.7

2016-09-27 06:37:39
Oliver wrote:

Could we perhaps include a configure test

Easy, just add getline to the AC_CHECK_FUNCS in configure.ac.

and a fallback implementation such as the one below (it is a
public domain implementation tweaked to use mh_xmalloc etc)?

If we include that implementation, I think we should attribute it,
at least with the URL and ideally with the the author name.

Just looking at it quickly, the unsigned char cast will probably cause
a compile warning on some platforms.  And I don't see why it's necessary.

I'm not quite sure which file would be appropriate for this to be
included in. sbr/utils.c seemed a reasonable choice

Agreed.

but one of the test cases also depends on getline

Add $(LDADD) here, in Makefile.am:
    test_fakehttp_LDADD = $(LDADD) $(POSTLINK)

I also can't work out how to run the tests by the way. make test
doesn't work and the README file provides no indication of how
to run them.

tests/README says:
    To run these tests you can do "make check" via the top-level Makefile.

It's also mentioned under "nmh test suite" in docs/README.developers.

This isn't mentioned in the source tree, but Lyndon's buildbot results are
available at http://orthanc.ca:8010/waterfall

David