Re: [Nmh-workers] Starting the final call for features for 1.7

2016-09-27 10:09:24
I'd like to be able to distinguish between seen and unseen messages without
requiring the MDA to update the .mh_sequence file.  If the sequence was a list
of messages that were read rather than unread then only the interactive
mh commands would need to muck with it thereby avoiding a need for the MDA
to lock the .mh_sequence file.

I think in practice too much code depends right now on the current sematics
of the unseen sequence.

Also, what's the big deal with locking the sequence file, anyway?  I think
we've got that all straightened out.