Re: [Nmh-workers] Starting the final call for features for 1.7

2016-09-27 13:07:11
Which is why I suggested implemenation by checking for the sequence
negation prefix when using the unseen sequence.  The semantics remain
the same although the implementation differs.  Adding to the unseen
sequence is translated to removing from the seen sequence which would(at
least potentially) be a no-op for new messages.

Yeah, the implementation is huge part of the details, though.  Unseen is
handled special; every program would have to be changed.

Also, what's the big deal with locking the sequence file, anyway?  I
think we've got that all straightened out.

You may have but not every mda even attempts to update the sequence.

I'm ... confused?  AFAIK, the MDAs just pipe it into rcvstore, which
does update the sequence.  I am aware that procmail can write to a
MH folder directly, but it can also just pipe to rcvstore.  I'm trying
to understand the use case where "use rcvstore" isn't an option, because
it would require a LOT of careful surgery.