Re: [Nmh-workers] Starting the final call for features for 1.7

2016-09-27 10:05:35
Thus spake David Levine:
William wrote:

I'd prefer a seen sequence to an unseen sequence as this would let
an MDA deliver directly into an nmh folder without needing to update
the .mh_sequences file.

So would rcvstore -nounseen, can you use that?

That wouldn't allow me to tell the difference between messages I'd read and
newly
delivered messages.

Possibly implemented by checking the specified unseen sequence for
the presence of the Sequence-negation prefix and behaving
appropriately (FX: waves hands vigorously).

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish.  Do you want the
unseen sequence to be maintained?

I'd like to be able to distinguish between seen and unseen messages without
requiring the MDA to update the .mh_sequence file.  If the sequence was a list
of messages that were read rather than unread then only the interactive
mh commands would need to muck with it thereby avoiding a need for the MDA
to lock the .mh_sequence file.

William