Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh 1.6: character set checks and exmh compatibility

2016-10-18 06:07:09
Hi,

Ken wrote:
And if we're voting ... I would rather have only one additional way to
specify a nmh-specific locale (well, I'd rather have ZERO additional
ways, but I think more than one way is overkill).

I'd rather have zero.  :-)  Anything above that surely warrants an
nmhlocale(1).

(And it occurs to me that even setting the locale properly probably
will not fix your specific problem, as you have described it;
forwarding messages using MIME will).

I don't think this got addressed.  If a nmh-specific locale doesn't fix
the problem then let's not add it.  And if it's only ls's C-locale
collating order that's wanted, then why not Paul's solution of
nearly-all UTF-8, or a ~/bin/ls?  As a user of non-UTF-8 locales for a
long time after the world moved on, it really wasn't that bad switching
to it.  Paul's done the same.  It can be done with exceptions for what
still needs C, not the other way around.

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy