[Nmh-workers] nmh should be more careful about when it unlinks draft files

2017-01-02 06:51:56
In my bin I have a trivial shell script, called ra, reproduced here in
its entirity.

stty echo icanon crterase
/usr/bin/mh/repl -group -format

(I was having problems at a particular site with a program that kept
dying on me and leaving me in an unpleasant mode, so I added the first line.
It's not needed now, but I never thought about it again, so this cruft
endured.)

I was replying to somebody and got:
*** Error in `/usr/bin/mh/repl': free(): invalid pointer: 0x08080547 ***
/u/lac/bin/ra: line 2:  5931 Aborted    /usr/bin/mh/repl -group -format

I cannot reproduce this error.  Maybe our disk is going bad, will run some
tests for that, next.  But I expected to find my draft of the message still
around so that I could resend it.  Nope.  All gone.  Nothing there.  Can
we be a little more careful about this?

Laura