Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh should be more careful about when it unlinks draft files

2017-01-02 08:32:56
In a message of Mon, 02 Jan 2017 13:01:34 +0000, Ralph Corderoy writes:
Hi Laura,

/usr/bin/mh/repl -group -format
I was replying to somebody and got:
*** Error in `/usr/bin/mh/repl': free(): invalid pointer: 0x08080547 ***
/u/lac/bin/ra: line 2:  5931 Aborted    /usr/bin/mh/repl -group -format

I get similar looking malloc corruptions with nmh 1.6-3 on Arch Linux
when mhshow(1)ing the minority of spam emails.  It doesn't happen with
the git version.

I'm using debian linux, so perhaps the problem is upstream of arch linux?
repl -version says:
repl -- nmh-1.6 [compiled on binet at Sun Jul  6 03:51:09 UTC 2014]

memory and disk tests around here haven't found a problem.

But I expected to find my draft of the message still around so that I
could resend it.  Nope.  All gone.  Nothing there.

Did repl start an editor, e.g. vi?

yes.  emacs.

What does `mhparam draft-folder' give?

drafts (which seems to be working just fine -- drafts are indeed being created
here)

Did repl die after you quit the editor and before the whatnow(1)
prompt?

Definitely after I quit the editor.
I think _after_ the whatnow(1) prompt, as well, but it has long since
scrolled away.  I don't remember the shell complaing about receiving an
unwanted 'send', so I think that whatnow received it.

The mail did not go out to the person I was replying to, and the
copy cc'd to me also did not arrive.

Laura

Cheers, Ralph.