Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh should be more careful about when it unlinks draft files

2017-01-02 09:42:36
In a message of Mon, 02 Jan 2017 14:56:33 +0000, Ralph Corderoy writes:
Hi Laura,

emacs.

What does `mhparam draft-folder' give?

drafts (which seems to be working just fine -- drafts are indeed being
created here)

So emacs will have been editing drafts/42, say.

Did repl die after you quit the editor and before the whatnow(1)
prompt?

Definitely after I quit the editor.  I think _after_ the whatnow(1)
prompt, as well, but it has long since scrolled away.  I don't
remember the shell complaing about receiving an unwanted 'send', so I
think that whatnow received it.

That shell's history might show any unexpected `send'.

But it, too, is irrevocably lost.

rmmproc, if set, isn't used in the deleting of drafts.  When drafts/42
is finished with, any existing drafts/,42 is unlinked and then 42
renamed to ,42.  Do you see these old drafts in your drafts directory
from general use?

Yes.

Could another draft composition have occurred, taking the same message
number in the drafts folder, between repl's failure and you realising it
hadn't been sent and looking for your lost work?

Maybe, if procmail went and did something automatic with incoming mail.
I don't do a lot of that, so I would have to be very unlucky.

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy

Laura