Re: [Nmh-workers] mhfixmsg on a pathological mail

2017-08-28 08:39:51
Some people have been recoiling in horror at my attempts to write an
RFC-822 address parser in Yacc/Bison.

+1

Are you recoiling in horror, or think it's a good idea?  I can't tell :-)

Deciding on a common denominator for yacc/bison, and also lex/flex, could
be a challenge.  I'd be OK with just supporting flex and bison.

I think Automake mostly solves this problem; by default the generated
C source code is shipped in the distribution; only people who build
the distribution and work on git trees need those tools.  I'm fine
with a flex/bison requirement.