Re: [Nmh-workers] possible problem with mhfixmsg in nmh-1.7

2017-11-26 10:55:30
Ken Hornstein <kenh@pobox.com> writes:
- It would be really nice if configure and Makefile.in didn't force a
trailing /nmh on the pathnames I supply for libexecdir and sysconfdir.

This is trivial because it was easy enough to edit both files myself
to make the change I wanted, but it would be much nicer if there were
a way to do that by supplying an option to configure.

It looks like we had that discussion here:
  http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/nmh-workers/2014-10/msg00000.html
And I said at the time I wasn't so crazy with appending /nmh to those
directories, but I didn't realize that the implementation meant that
specifying --sysconfdir wouldn't work.  So I think that this should be
overridable via configure.

Possibly related to this: I updated nmh from 1.6 to 1.7 on my RHEL6
machine last night, using the EPEL package (last touched by David Levine).
I noticed that it moved all the configuration files from /etc/nmh/ to
/etc/nmh/nmh/, which seems a tad silly.

                        regards, tom lane

--
Nmh-workers