Re: [Nmh-workers] possible problem with mhfixmsg in nmh-1.7

2017-11-26 10:01:30
Steven wrote:

I've run into a few issues, most of which are trivial (and which I'll
describe below for the sake of completeness),

Thank you for for detail description.  It looks like Ralph has addressed
the substantive issues.

The other issues I mentioned are:

  - It would be really nice if configure and Makefile.in didn't force a
    trailing /nmh on the pathnames I supply for libexecdir and sysconfdir.

Forcing them seems to be a common convention.  It does help avoid namespace
collisions.

    This is trivial because it was easy enough to edit both files myself
    to make the change I wanted, but it would be much nicer if there were
    a way to do that by supplying an option to configure.

An alternative would be to install using something like:

    make install nmhetcdir='${prefix}/etc'
nmhlibexecdir='${exec_prefix}/libexec'

though I agree that nmh should make them configurable.

David

--
Nmh-workers