Re: [Nmh-workers] possible problem with mhfixmsg in nmh-1.7

2017-11-26 06:47:07
Hi again Steven,

  - I've been using mh for decades (literally!), so I no longer remember
    why I originally chose to configure using --with-hash-backup.

This is now fixed on the master branch, if Ken or David are happy then
it can get cherry-picked across to branch 1.7-release.
http://git.savannah.nongnu.org/cgit/nmh.git/commit/?id=47b86722957cca6057bf5fcd07c9d1f01b4516f8

   ./test/mhfixmsg/test-mhfixmsg: test failed, outputs are in
       /big/local/pkg/nmh/nmh-1.7/test/testdir/Mail/inbox/31 and
       /big/local/pkg/nmh/nmh-1.7/test/testdir/test-mhfixmsg2494.actual.
   first named test failure: pass through message with relative folder
       path with parse error
   FAIL: test/mhfixmsg/test-mhfixmsg

Is this something I can safely ignore?

Well, if you don't use mhfixmsg, then probably.  :-)  I'll have a look,
though I don't think it will be something obvious.  Do you have
valgrind(1) on that system?  You could run just that test, for speed,
with

    make TESTS=test/mhfixmsg/test-mhfixmsg check

and adding an environment variable makes the harness run executables
under valgrind.

    NMH_VALGRIND=1 make TESTS=test/mhfixmsg/test-mhfixmsg check

  - It would be really nice if configure and Makefile.in didn't force
    a trailing /nmh on the pathnames I supply for libexecdir and
    sysconfdir.

Do you use a different subdirectory instead?  Here, for example,
/usr/lib/nmh ends up with executables that shouldn't be in PATH.

    ap  fmtdump  mkstemp  rcvdist  rcvstore  slocal  viamail
    dp  mhl      post     rcvpack  rcvtty    spost

They shouldn't sit in /usr/lib either.  Are you saying the default
should end in /nmh, but if the user tells configure or Makefile the
location then the append shouldn't happen?

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy

--