Re: [nmh-workers] Reply to Ralph Corderoy

2019-04-22 04:59:50
Hi Valdis,

ISTM it's also a bug to ignore problems opening a file that exists,
and to ignore a file given in an environment variable not existing.

I agree on the first.  The second probably need to be more nuanced,
and "a *specific* file given in the environment".  Consider how *PATH
variables work, and it's possible that none of the directories contain
the file in question and it's still OK.

Yes, I meant only environment variables intended for nmh and defined by
it to have a path, absolute or relative, to a file, e.g. MHMTSCONF.
mh_profile(5) lists many.  I don't think any of them are PATH-like;
I agree, when searching a PATH-like it's not an error if a directory
doesn't exist.

I've opened https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index.php?56192 so it
doesn't get forgotten.

--