Re: [nmh-workers] Handling Configuration-file Read Errors.

2019-04-23 05:12:18
Hi Ken,

I don't believe mts.conf is technically required, but I hear you.
So you're fine with erroring out if opening MHMTSCONF fails for any
reason ... and for the default mts.conf file, would you rather error
out if errno != ENOENT, or if errno == EACCES, or some other
condition?

Taking each configuration file, at the level of system or user, and
deciding if it's optional, based on existing documentation and code, and
whether that's correct, seems orthogonal to how to handle problems with
optional and mandatory configuration files.  So I was punting on that
with https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?56192  :-)  mts.conf and
environment-variable friends was just the case at hand.

Getting agreement on the desired handling, and I think we've got that,
means we can then check how reality matches per configuration file.

--
Cheers, Ralph.