Re: Help with Gmail

2019-12-05 20:30:59
Ken writes:

Alright, I stared at the code.  David can chime up, but I believe what
"legacy" does (the default) is two things:

- It will ONLY look for a .netrc in your home directory.
- The default username, if one is not supplied, is your local username.

Right.  As far as this goes:

#       The password for POP service when the -sasl switch is used
#       with one of these programs is the login name on the local
#       machine.

I've re-read that last paragraph ... and I realize that I do not
understand it.

The description or the semantics?  It really did/does use the login
name for the password.  I think it's long past time that we remove
that.

David