Re: Help with Gmail

2019-12-07 10:18:12
Ken writes:

#       The password for POP service when the -sasl switch is used
#       with one of these programs is the login name on the local
#       machine.

I've re-read that last paragraph ... and I realize that I do not
understand it.

The description or the semantics?  It really did/does use the login
name for the password.  I think it's long past time that we remove
that.

Is that ... correct?  I am looking at the code and I cannot convince myself
that statement is true.  It is entirely possible that it USED to be that way
but I don't think that is true for 1.7.1 (I mean, besides the bug in 1.7.1).

Right, it used to be that way, see end of
https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/nmh-workers/2013-04/msg00014.html
and dates from before nmh's move to git.

Fortunately, it isn't that way any more.  It was fixed in commit
90edb255effd0d2 (thanks!).  I'll update the man page.

David