Re: Help with Gmail

2019-12-05 15:20:17
           The password for POP service when the -sasl switch is used
           with one of these programs is the login name on the local
           machine.

So won't that last paragraph bite Norm?  I think he might need his
.mh_profile to have

Alright, I stared at the code.  David can chime up, but I believe what
"legacy" does (the default) is two things:

- It will ONLY look for a .netrc in your home directory.
- The default username, if one is not supplied, is your local username.

So if you specify a -user on the command line and just use a .netrc
in your home directory, you should be fine without a "credentials" entry.