Re: questions about the Previous-Sequence

2020-03-23 04:19:34
Hi Ken,

I personally find the previous-sequence rather useful myself (when you
find, for example, the results of "pick" were rather larger than you
expected and didn't put it in a sequence).  But that's up to you.

I don't use it, but then my .mh_profile has

    pick: -sequence p

following Peek's book's suggestion to cover that one case.

That sequence ‘p’ is so useful I also have a ~/bin/mk that does

    exec mark -sequence p "$@"

so I can fine tune a result with

    mk -d p:3 p:-1

If I want to keep it, it's then a

    pick -seq foo p

except my ~/bin/p is

    exec pick "$@"

Just thought it may be interesting to others to share.

--
Cheers, Ralph.