Re: questions about the Previous-Sequence

2020-03-23 18:50:26
On Mon, 23 Mar 2020 13:16:56 +0100, Philipp said:
[2020-03-22 14:53] Ken Hornstein <kenh@pobox.com>
We think currently about removing the Previous-Sequence support for
mmh. But because we don't use it we are not sure, if we missed some
aspect of it. Therefor I would like to ask some questions.

I personally find the previous-sequence rather useful myself (when you
find, for example, the results of "pick" were rather larger than you
expected and didn't put it in a sequence).  But that's up to you.

May I ask, why do you prefer it over the history and command line editing?

Keep in mind that some of us have been using Unix-style systems since *long*
before readline existed, so all the fancy 'command line editing" didn't exist,
and
before shell history sprouted all its fancy features. So alternatives were
invented.

And muscle memory is hard to overcome.

(Says the guy still using e16 as a window manager rather than Gnome, mostly
because of muscle memory type reasons)