Re: questions about the Previous-Sequence

2020-03-23 07:45:22
[2020-03-22 21:13] Conrad Hughes <biz_nmh_workers@xrad.org>
One of the things I use it for is "unseeing" a message.  Let's say I see
someone has emailed me, I'm about to go out, want to take a peek at the
message but don't want to mark it as seen — or alternatively I look at a
message, think "gosh that's gonna take a lot of work to deal with" so
want to mark it as unseen again, so I come back to it.  My
unseen-sequence is "un", and my previous-sequence is "ditto", so I have
this alias to "unsee" whatever I just looked at:

  mark -sequence un -add ditto

I have following in my profile:

marku: -sequence u -add -nozero

So if I want to unsee a mail I have just read, I just type marku. This
only works if I read only one mail at the time or reuse the sequence/pick.

Philipp