Re: inc not sending password to POP3 server

2021-07-05 11:56:16
What version of nmh were you running before?

Oddly enough, it would  seem that I was also running  nmh 1.7.1 prior to
upgrading the OS.

I  see that  I also  had a  local modification  that maybe  I forgot  to
communicate to anyone...

Oh, ah, yes, that was a bug we fixed post-1.7.1, sadly:

commit 896f07bf3c08becc06a881f57fb0ad2160819d45
Author: Ralph Corderoy <ralph@inputplus.co.uk>
Date:   Sun Jul 1 09:49:28 2018 +0100

    ruserpass.c: Return the password typed by the user.

    Darren Provine reported that entering the password didn't work.  This
    was due to ruserpass() failing to set the password.  Fixes 1d4977af.

Which suggests to me we are overdue for a new release (I'm going on a
long-overdue vacation, so I will revisit that in a couple of weeks).